Thank you for your purchase! In order to keep your socks looking and filtering like new there are a few simple steps to clean them.
Please note: Do not cut the extra stitching at the bottom of the sock or the sock may unravel. The stitching is meant to be there, if you don't want to see the stitching you can use superglue to stick it to the sock.
- **Optional** - Run your washer on a hot rinse cycle to remove all soap reside
- Turn your socks inside out and rinse the larger particles out so they don't end up in your washer
- Set your washer to heavy duty cycle with hot water
- Use 3 capfuls (teaspoons) dye and fragrance free bleach, DO NOT use oxiclean, laundry detergent, or and other soap product
- Add an extra rinse cycle at the end of the wash to ensure the bleach is removed
- after you remove the socks from the washer they may still have a hint of bleach smell
- follow dry procedure below
- Turn the socks inside out and soak them in a large bucket (5 gallons or similar) with 2-3 capfuls of bleach
- Rinse them off in clean water to remove excess bleach and wash away detritus
- Follow dry procedure below
- Turn the socks inside out and spray them with a power washer (WIDE NOZZLE so you don't blast a hole in the sock) until they look clean
- After this they are ready to use
- Place socks in a clean, chemical free open air environment to dry for at least 48 hours. This will allow any excess bleach to air off
- should you need socks sooner - Place them in a bucket with 2 gallons of water with 1/5 teaspoon of chlorine removed (Prime) for 30 minutes