Boyd Chemi-Pure 5oz
Chemi-pure can be used with all water types as a chemical absorption filter and ion generator and exchange unit to positively keep pH at a perfect constant level. Also fantastic for use with African Cichlids and Discus! Needs replacement only every six months under normal circumstances. Use 1 unit up to 40 gallons, 2 units from 40 to 100 gallons, above 100 gallons add one unit for every 25 gals.
5oz size is a half unit suitable for 20 Gallons
Soft corals - Crustose Coralline Algaes - Caulerpas - Gorgonias - Seafans - other invertebrates and fish of all species thrive and grow luxuriously with no water change necessary using real seawater or the better imported mixes. This is not a claim, but fact, experienced by thousands of CHEMI-PURE users. In fact, salt water fish have spawned repeatedly in 5 year old water. CHEMI-PURE does not remove trace elements and is the only filter medium which aids in the natural balance of positive and negative charges, with an emphasis on the beneficial negative ion. CHEMI-PURE comes packed in pure polyester filter bags in sealed plastic bottles, called 1 unit, one of which is recommended for up to 40 gallons of water, and which is completely active for 4-6 months with no `regeneration` or cleaning required and is cheaper than carbon or pads. The one filtration product we unreservedly recommend for use with CHEMI-PURE is the Poly-Filter, by Poly-Bio Marine! Use one pad above and one below the CHEMI-PURE bag. We also recommend the use of foam fractionation or "protein skimmers."
|Chemi-Pure||Granulated carbon, ion exchange resins||Any light bioload freshwater
and saltwater aquarium
|Clear and contaminant-free water|
|Chemi-Pure Elite||Granulated Carbon, ion exchange resins,
and granulated ferric oxide
|Any medium-heavy bioload
freshwater or saltwater aquarium
|Clear and contaminant-free water
with the added benefit of
long-lasting phosphate control
|Chemi-Pure Blue||Extruded pelletized carbon, phosphate
adsorption resin, and organic scavenger resin
|Higher pH tanks such as
saltwater reef tanks, African Cichlids,
Goldfish and Koi
|Clear and contaminant-free water
with the added benefit of quick
phosphate control and organic
|Chemi-Pure Green||Extruded pelletized carbon, ion
exchange resins, and organic scavenger resin
|Freshwater planted aquariums||Clear and contaminant-free water
with the added benefit of organic waste
control without aggressive
phosphate removal which helps benefit
- LONGER LIFE - Fish often live three to four times longer than in any other closed system, fresh or marine.
- NECESSARY ORGANISMS - Allowed growth with no danger of pollution.
- REMOVES OFFENSIVE ODORS
- REAL SEA WATER OR ARTIFICIAL
- REMOVES TOXIC ELEMENTS - Including Copper & Phenol
- IMMEDIATE ACCLIMATION - with ravenous appetite
- QUICKER RESPONSES - Neurological reactions like fishes in natural habitat
- FRESHWATER FISHES - of all species thrive
- ESPECIALLY GOOD FOR AFRICAN CICHLIDS & DISCUS
- NO WATER CHANGE NECESSARY - for at least 5 years (length of test only) PERHAPS NEVER!
- CRYSTAL CLEAR WATER - Always sparkling blue-white water
- NO CLEANING - Necessary for health of fish.
- CONSTANT pH - Always within the safe range
- NO OSMOTIC SHOCK - 90% eliminated
- NO ION ANTAGONISM
- ECONOMICAL - Replacement only every six to eight months makes initial cost very low - eliminates expensive water changes - fewer losses.
Chemi-Pure is unlike any mechanical or chemical filtration material you have used before. Whether you are a fresh water or salt water enthusiast, it is something you will have to use, see, and test for yourself in order to believe the results. Chemi-Pure comes already packed in pure polyester filter bags in sealed plastic bottles which are termed one unit each also available in ½ units of 5oz. One unit is recommended for up to 40 gallons of water and which remains completely active for 4 to 6 months with no regeneration or cleaning required. We recommend that, in cases of heavy bio-load, that each unit of Chemi-Pure be replaced within 3 to 4 month period. Each bag of Chemi-Pure is simply removed from the plastic bottle and installed directly in your filter. It is pre-moistened and should be rinsed prior to use.