Elite 220INT Super Cone Protein Skimmer
Ultimate in Control & Performance
The new and innovative Reef Octopus Elite 220-INT in-sump protein skimmer supplies powerful filtration for aquariums up to 530 gallons. The Reef Octopus Elite 220-INT is constructed of high-quality cast acrylic and PVC that disassembles completely for cleaning. Its unique Super Cone "wine glass" body naturally stabilizes and concentrates the organic rich foam as it rises.
The Elite 220int is equipped with a controllable Reef Octopus VarioS-6S pinwheel pump with the integrated memory controller. This skimmer features a unique “twist and lifts" collection cup to make removal and cleaning a simple task, an easy to use vented wedge valve provides precise control and an underwater outflow for quiet operation.
The bioload of an aquarium refers to its ability to process waste in proportion to tank volume. Protein skimmers work best when properly matched with the bioload of the system.
- HEAVY - 300 Gallons
- MEDIUM - 400 Gallons
- LIGHT - 530 Gallons
- Safe and Efficient 36V Power
- Turbulence Reducing Super Cone Body
- Solid Cast Acrylic & Machined PVC Construction
- Vented Output Valve with Adjustment Dial
- “Twist & Lift" Collection Cup
- Disassembles for Easy Cleaning & Maintenance
- Efficient, Quiet and Controllable VarioS-6S pump
In addition to allowing the pump to run at 5 different speeds, the new VarioS Controller takes the pump to a new level featuring:
- A float switch connection, which allows you to connect a float switch (included in the box) to the controller. This is an added security feature that allows you to shut off the skimmer pump when your waste collector is full or shut off your water pump when your sump water has reached a high or low level. In all, you don’t need another module or controller to add a float switch to your system.
- Two different pause/feed modes will shut off the pump for either 15 or 60-minute intervals. These come handy when you are feeding the tank or conducting regular maintenance such as a water change.
- And the best feature of the VarioS controller is… a 0-10v input which will allow a 3rd party controller such as Neptune System’s APEX or Reef Angel to take over the pump and tell it what to do. In this mode, the new VarioS controller becomes an interface between the system controller and the pump allowing you to create intricate programs using your system controller native language. This is unprecedented controllability on a skimmer or water pump. In essence, you can use your system controller as your DC pump controller!
The VarioSpumpfeatures a true slow startup where the pump slowly ramps up from zero RPM to the full preset speed over a period of approximately 10 seconds.
The pump and controller are connected via a waterproof 3-conductor union. The detachable controller will allow for a simple waterproof union. The volute can rotate to change the pump's output orientation in 90-degree intervals, meaning users can output water vertically (up or down) as well as horizontally.
ELITE-220INT Technical Specs
Super Cone Body: 9in
Footprint: 16.5in x 12.2in
Neck Size: 4.75in
Total Height: 24.8in
Output Size: 50mm/ 1.5in
Water Height: 7.5 - 9in
Reef Octopus VarioS 6S Controllable Pinwheel Pump
Power Consumption: 35-70watts
Air Draw:1200-2400lph / 42-84 SCFH*
Water Draw: 528gph
*Air and water results will vary depending on aquarium setup
- Two(2) year on pump
- One(1) year on rotor
- One(1) year on skimmer body
Reef Octopus can not be responsible for consequential damages arising from the installation or use of this product. Reef Octopus warrants the pump to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and conditions for the warranty period from the date of purchase. CoralVue liability under this warranty shall be limited to repairing or replacing at CoralVue’s discretion, without charge. CoralVue will not be liable for any cost of removal, installation, transportation, or any other charges which may arise in a warranty claim.
NOTE: This warranty is void if the product is damaged through abnormal operating conditions, accident, abuse, misuse, unauthorized alteration, or repair. This warranty is valid only in North America and is non-transferable. Consumable spare parts are not applicable to the warranty.
CoralVue, Inc. and Reef Octopus hereby guarantee this product to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of:
- One (1) year
Warranty is activated on the date of purchase.
This Standard Limited Warranty applies and is limited as follows:
- To the product only as long as it remains in the possession of the original purchaser.
- To the product that has not been subject to accident, misuse or abuse.
- To the product that has not been modified, altered, defaced, or had repairs made or attempted by other than CoralVue, Inc.
- That CoralVue be immediately notified in writing within ten (10) days of first knowledge of defect by owner or his agent.
- That CoralVue, Inc. shall be given first opportunity to make any repairs, replacements or corrections to the defective construction within a reasonable period of time.
- Under no circumstances shall CoralVue and/or the Manufacturer be liable by virtue of this warranty or otherwise for damage to any person or property whatsoever for any special, indirect, secondary or consequential damages of any nature however arising out of the use or inability to use because of the product defect.