HI758U Marine Calcium Checker HC Colorimeter
Our handheld colorimeter eliminates the trouble of matching to a color chart by providing a direct saltwater calcium result in ppm CaCO3.
- Remove the human error from your testing
- No need to count drop or titrate your sample
- Detects color changes your eye cannot
- No calibration required
- Get easy, quick and consistent results
- Accurate and affordable
- Cost efficient: Once you purchase the Checker, reagents are sold separately saving money long term
Required for the development of calcium carbonate skeletons of coral reefs, calcium is a crucial component of marine waters. Designed as a more accurate alternative to chemical test kits, the HI758U provides quick, accurate results in a few easy steps.
- Easier to use and more accurate than chemical test kits
- Newly updated with 100μl mechanical pipette (HI731339P)
The HI758U Marine Calcium Checker HC® uses a 100 to 1 dilution for analysis and thus requires deionized or distilled water absent of calcium to function correctly. Calcium can be found in many freshwater sources and this any amount present in the water used at the C1 phase can cause false high readings. In addition, many hobby grade reverse osmosis deionized water systems may not adequately remove calcium. This can vary based on the types of filters used, their effectiveness and frequency of replacement. We recommend using deionized water with low conductivity or pure vapor distilled water commonly found in most pharmacies.
Never use tap water to clean your cuvettes. This is especially important for the HI758U Marine Calcium Checker as calcium is commonly present in tap water and residual amounts present in the cuvette will elevate results produced by the Checker.
Calcium Checker Troubleshooting Tips
- Never rinse your cuvettes with tap water or saltwater
- Use pure vapor distilled water from your local pharmacy at C1 phase. RODI water from home filtration units may not be suitable for this test as calcium can easily permeate through your filter membranes.
- Clean your cuvettes with distilled or deionized water absent of Calcium that is going to be used for C1 phase dilution.
- Measure out 9 ml of distilled or deionized water for C1 phase
- Make sure no excess aquarium sample saltwater is on the tip of the pipette. Only administer the saltwater that is sucked into the pipette tip.
HI758 Calcium Checker is supplied with (2) sample cuvettes with caps, calcium reagent starter kit for 25 tests, dropper,1 ml syringe with tip, 100 microliter pipette with tip, plastic pipette, battery, instructions and quick start guide.
Extra reagent can be found here