- Designed to bring simplicity to salinity testing, the HI98319 Marine Salinity Tester measures conductivity (EC) to determine the salinity of natural and artificial seawater. Within seconds, the salinity and temperature are digitally displayed on the LCD
- Displays results in parts per thousand (ppt), Practical Salinity Units (PSU), or specific gravity (S.G.)
- Comes with all the necessary solutions and batteries- everything you need to get started measuring right away.
- The included CR2032 Li-ion battery provides up to 100 hours of continuous use. The battery icon will blink to let you know it is time to change the battery so you never miss a measurement.
- Unlike stainless steel sensors, graphite sensors reduce polarization effects and does not oxidize for more reliable and accurate readings.
- Designed to withstand the knocks, drops, and spills of real life, the waterproof body ensures top performance in any environment. These meters are totally protected against dust and water intrusion from any direction.
- Conductivity measurements are very sensitive to temperature variations. HI98319 has an exposed temperature sensor to ensure fast, accurately compensated readings even during sudden temperature fluctuations
Whats in the Box:
- HI98319 Salinity Tester (with CR2032 Battery)
- Protective Case
- 4 Calibration sachet (35PPT)
0.0 to 70.0 ppt (g/L)
0.0 to 70.0 PSU
1.000 to 1.041 S.G.
0.1 ppt (g/L)
±1 ppt for 0.0 to 40.0 ppt; ±2 ppt for readings over 40.0 ppt
±1 PSU for 0.0 to 40.0 PSU ; ±2 PSU for readings over 40.0 PSU
0.0 to 50.0°C; 32.0 to 122.0°F
Temperature Accuracy (@ 25°C/77°F)
automatic, single point 35.00 ppt
68 g (2.4 oz.) without battery
automatic from 5 to 50.0 ºC
Battery Type / Life
CR2032 3V Li-Ion (1 pc.)/ approximately 100 hours of continuous use
0 to 50 °C (32 °C to 122 °F); RH max 100%